square D wont cut out

Users who are viewing this thread

bigdunk

Reaction score
I have a sqaure D 9013 fsg-2 installed on the main water feed to my tropical fish house (we are an Aquatic Wholesaler) and it refuses to turn off without the aid of tap with a brush or similar . I have had the cover off ,disconnected the power and squirted some wd40 onto the mechanism to no avail.Being a tropical house the air is very hot and humid and things tend to corrode quickly,I was wondering if the switch is knackered or mayb some muck blocking something to stop it turning off. The pressure builds up to the same mark as it did b4 but no action.
Any help wud b appreciated
Cheers

Hube

Reaction score
Try this; turn off power to switch, drain tank (relieve any water pressure), remove switch and conecting tube and clean any crud build-up. While your at it with the tank empty of water, check the psi in the tank to 2 psi below the pump's cut-in setting.
If after doing this, the pump still will not shut off, the points may be pitted (burnt). then its best to replace the switch.... $ 10.

Speedbump

Reaction score
"and it refuses to turn off without the aid of tap with a brush or similar "

Sounds like you've had to "tap" this switch a few times in the past. Could be the pump is just not quite making the pressure the switch is set for. Try turning it back a little, like maybe 1 - 2 turns and see if the pump turns off now.

When I tap one I use a pipewrench (just kidding)

You wouldn't be from Gibsonton, Fl. The tropical fish and carney capitol of the world would you?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks