24vac transformer wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to wire up a new humidistat/thermostat. It is a Honeywell Vision PRO IAQ with interface Module.

Problem is I need to wire up the "C" wire, which is listed as the 24vac Transformer Common. I have the wiring diagram for the furnace as well as for the thermostat, but nothing says which wire is actually the common.

Is there an easy way to find this out? According to the diagram for furnace there is a Black, White, Blue, Blue to ground, and Red wire coming out of the transformer. It looks as if the Black and white wire are High Voltage wire, which really only leaves the Blue wire as the common. Would that be correct?

I feel fairly confident about the rest of the wiring and this may even be more clear once I get a good chance to focus on it. Earlier I was somewhat rushed and my 3y/o kept pestering me. Not a good mix, but here is what I believe are the rest of the connections.

The circuit board on the furnace shows 3 wires going to T-sat....W, G & R. I am pretty confident on those. W, being the stage 1 heat and going to W1 on the t-stat module's board. G being the fan relay wire and going to the G on the module's board. Then R should be the Red wire which comes from the 24Vac Transformer and goes to the R on the module's board. I am then left with the Yellow wire, which I realize comes from th condensor and goes to the Y (stage 1 compressor relay) on the module's board.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Depending on the price of the transformer and the price of a fuse, you may want to fuse the 'former.

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Blue should be your common wire, by the way you described it. Looks like you already had yourself straight.

Master Brian

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for the responses but it seems to be working and it does seem to have been the blue wire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks