flow restrictor

Users who are viewing this thread

sc2185

Reaction score
hi, i have a new delta 1323T showerhead. i understand that some of the delta showerheads have a removeable flow restrictor. do you have any suggestions on how i might withdraw it? thanks. sc

sc2185

Reaction score
thank you. i am sort of a plumbing novice. when i unscrew the showerhead from the pipe, what does the restrictor look like? do i need to stick something in there and pry it out or will it just pop out? thanks. sc

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
restrictor

It will have one, or three, small holes in it. They are installed many different ways and without seeing yours we cannot tell you how that one comes out, or if it is even intended to be removed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the design, it may not have a removeable restrictor. On some, it is obvious right on the inlet; on others, you have to disassemble the whole thing. On others, it is just designed for the specified flow - to change that, you'd have to drill things out to make the passage ways bigger. If you can't find it on the one you have, see if you can look at some at a store that aren't in a blister pack (well, on some you can see the thing). Basically, if it is in the path of the inlet, and has holes in it blocking some of the path, it is essentially a restrictor. Modifying it by drilling things out is as you should realize, cannot be put back to the way it was!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks