Having one valve on with any of seven others

Users who are viewing this thread

figmoman

Reaction score
I have an irrigated pasture with seven zones. I would like to have an eight zone come on when any of the other seven are on. I have a higher performance pump then i did when the system was designed. This is causing cycling. I have a very large pond that i add water to. A solution for me is to have the pond valve come on when any of the seven pasture valves are on. I can control the pond volume with a gate valve. This can be adjusted to keep the pump running without the cycling. How can i activate this pond valve with the others. I have to electrically isolate the other seven so they dont all come on at the same time. I tried using diodes before the solonoids to prevent back feed. This made 1/2 wave DC which was not enough to activate the valves. They just buzzed. Is there a way to do this without using seven relays with 24 volt AC coils. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks