Instralled a new g-disposal and re-designed the drain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Pmaru77

Reaction score
Here is what it looks like now. Split sink with smaller of the 2 on thr right. the left side goes straight down to a trap and exits to the back drain. The right side has the g-d and branches straight over to the left. Clean and simple. But what bugs me is the freaking dripping into the trap that sounds crappy. If you run the faucet into the left side, the water drips right into to trap and makes the drpping sound that usually lasts for 5-10 seconds after water is turned off and walking away.

I never had this before because the g-d was on the left and the trap was coming out of the g-d. So any water dripping down the sink drains, did not have a clear shot at the trap water.

So did I do something unconventional? Is there an easy way to ge rid of that annoying drip into the tray water?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What I'm gathering is that you used a straight tailpiece off the disposer horizontal into the tee. If so that is quit the normal set up. Post a picture let us see... We won't bite... Usually!:eek:

Pmaru77

Reaction score
I believe I have a totally normal setup. The gripe is the noise. Water drips straight onto the trap water and makes annoying noise. As before I changed everything, the trap came out of the garbage disposal. So any water going don the drains had to go thru something and not a straight shot onto the trap water, thus being quiet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've seen tub showers that continued to drip for 35 minutes after the valve was turned off.

Yeah, water will do that,
It clings to the pipe and very slowly finds it way down.
I wish there was a way to make water more slippery.

Pmaru77

Reaction score
I know I'm nitpicking here, but the point was that the older design was totally quiet. I guess it is something everyone accepts. An offset pipe to the trap would silence it I suppose. I'll probably do nuthin' to it but will remember the next time.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Give us a picture of what you did. On its surface, the way you did it is the way I ALWAYS do it, but without the noise, however, without a picture I cannot tell exactly HOW you did it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks