Oil Burner Smoking

Users who are viewing this thread

Brianosaur

Reaction score
Just replaced my 275 oil tank last weekend. The old one was leaking and I knew I would replace it this spring when the fuel ran low. Unfortunately I ran out of oil friday and so I replaced the tank. I blew out the feed line with a compressor to make sure no sludge was in it.

I figured it was a good time for a tune as well so I replaced the nozzle and filter. I removed stack and the top jacket and brushed and vacuumed all the soot. Then I vacuumed the combustion chamber. I also wiped clean the photo sensor.

Now the furnace is smoking after about a half hour or so. It is coming out of the inspection port.

Also the control panel it tripping the reset button sporadically. It may run for 15 mins or up to an hour of cycle time.

I didnt adjust anything so why would this 'just start' to occur? Does it need more air?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks