Raw space needs bathroom instalation - costs involved

Users who are viewing this thread

raw

Reaction score
Hello knowledgeable folk
I am embarking on a huge refurbishing project of a raw living space in nyc. There is currently no plumbing installed for a bathroom but the space where the bathroom will be put is adjacent to the neighbor's bathroom (toilets would be side by side with a thin sheetrock wall between them) The plumbing (waste pipe) for the currently installed toilet runs directly straight down beneath the floor, which I believe is wood, to the basement. I believe the toilet sewage pipe is plastic, not cast iron.

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to instal plumbing for a toilet, sink and shower - and what price range would a plumber charge for such work (excluding the cost of supplies and installation of bathroom fittings). It would be for putting in pipes (that I will provide) and for connecting them to other pipes already installed in the adjacent bathroom.

Would a plumber need to see a place in person to make a fair estimate or could detailed diagrams suffice?

Any advice or info is greatly appreciated and I look forward to learning much from the collected knowledge of this forum...

Raw

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is no way any of us can give you the answers to those questions. Local plumbing codes vary, local plumber rates vary, there are many intangibles that would have to be seen one site, and the list goes on and on and on. The best advice I can give you is to contact some local plumbing contractors and get bids.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks