Bend In Bathroom Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

bwolfe90

Reaction score
I just had my roof done and had the roofer switch a bathroom exhaust from venting into an attic fan to a dedicated vent. I'm sure the attic fan solution was fine when the fan was one, but that's only about 10% of the year. The new vent was place about 4 feet from the attic vent and gap was coverend with flex tubing, like you'd use for a dryer, and that tub was about 6-8 feet in length so it creates this large U. Should I be concerned?

Thanks for the feedback.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
U

If the "U" is downward it is bad, if it is horizontal just to change direction, no problem. But why a "U", and not just a gradual turn into the correct direction?

bwolfe90

Reaction score
The 'U'

The original vent pipe was rigid and most of it is still there. They added flex pipe to cover the distance between the old rigid pipe and the new roof vent, but apparantly had too much length. It now hangs down just about as far as it travels to the side to get to the new vent forming a 3 or 4 foot 'U'.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks