Radiant Heat PEX bending

Users who are viewing this thread

countryhouse

Reaction score
I'm installing radiant heat floors in my kitchen and bath and have a question that I haven't found an answer to (even after reading hundreds of pages on the net).

The instructions for most PEX give a bend radius for bending with the coil direction and another bend radius against the coil direction. For example, my 3/8" PEX says a bend radius of 4" with the coil and 12" against. The bend radius is much larger against the coil direction.

The typical PEX installation that are shown show back-and-forth loops at each end of the run, which means the bends alternate direction every loop. Also, it's not really practical in most cases to keep all bends in the coil direction only.

How do you keep the tight bend radius at each loop that is "against the coil direction"? Do you twist the tube 180 degrees along the straight run so that the bend directions are all with the coil direction?

Thanks in Advance
Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks