Wirsbo (Uponor) fitting difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rad777

Reaction score
What is the difference between Q4505050 & Q4515050? Respectively Brass Fitting Adapter versus Brass Copper Pipe adapter.

Q4505050-ProPEX-Brass-Fitting-Adapter

Q4515050-ProPEX-Brass-Copper-Pipe-Adapter

The reason I ask for the difference is because I was thinking about how to transition from PEX to Copper -> Valves and/or directly to Valves from PEX.

Are these fittings something I could just sweat a valve onto?

Thank you

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
At first glance, the difference I seen was 5 cents :D

Seriously, the Q4505050 fitting looks like a male sweat fitting meaning it will sweat in to a fitting like a tee. The Q4515050 looks like a female sweat fitting meaning it will sweat on to a pipe.

Rad777

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies & help!

Still deciding if I am going to Pex all the way to the fixtures/valves, or if I am going to transition to copper and attach it to a stud or a 2x4 horizontally betweeb studs.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
I would recommend stubbing out with copper. A drop ear fastened to some blocking makes for a very sturdy pipe to connect stops and showerheads to.

Check out this link for some ideas.

Rad777

Reaction score
I would recommend stubbing out with copper. A drop ear fastened to some blocking makes for a very sturdy pipe to connect stops and showerheads to.

Check out this link for some ideas.

Thanks for the recommendation and the advice. I read a few posts by Terry mentioning that practice as well and I think that is what I will use/do.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks