Eclipse (St. Thomas Creations) Marathon

Users who are viewing this thread

ragdollgirl

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Marathon toilet from Eclipse? I understand Eclipse is a company owned by St. Thomas that makes builder's grade toilets. I am currently remodeling a tiny bathroom with a 14 in. rough-in toilet. This toilet does not get much use. My options are few -- either get one of the Toto Unifit toilets and have to drill a bunch of holes in my brand-new tile floor, or get a 14 in. rough-in toilet, which is a rare bird. The Marathon comes in a 14 inch. I really want to eliminate the huge space at the back of the tank, and I prefer a round front for space reasons (the Marathon is a round front). My problem is that I can't find any reviews at all on this make/model of toilet. I don't want to spend $200+ on a toilet only to find it's a piece of junk. I have a St. Thomas toilet in my powder room and I love it. But it's a St. Thomas with Quattro flushing technology, not their lesser Eclipse brand, which has Performance Plus flushing tech. I need an answer quickly, as I must order something tomorrow. Please help! If anybody has anything good OR bad to say about this toilet, I'd love to hear it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you have space concerns that are making you conside a round bowl over an elongated bowl the Toto Unifit may well be your best answer as most 14" rough toilets are the same bowl with an extra fat tank to take up the additional 2 " space. The Unifit takes the same toilet and keeps it against the wall while the unifit adapter cages with the hole. A unifit Toilet that is 27" long is going to extend only 27" off the wall whether it is a 10, 12, or, 14" rough.

ragdollgirl

Reaction score
Good thought -- but isn't it true that the Unifit toilets require drilling a bunch of holes in the floor instead of just tightening down the two standard side bolts on regular toilets? I am having a new tile floor installed and it is on top of a solid mortar bed, not backer board. If holes must be drilled, I'm afraid the plumber will crack up my brand new tiles.

Micp879

Reaction score
I have minimal knowledge of St Thomas toilets, but the only toilets of theirs that I would consider purchasing would be the ones with the quattro flushing system. If its not one of those toilets, I wouldn't take my chances. Thats my personal opinion.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the tile are installed properly, you won't crack tile when you drill through them, but it does take a special drill bit (especially if it is a hard porcelain).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks