Rear outlet toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Dra

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recomendation for a rear outlet toilet? Are there any special tips to installing them?

Retrowc

Reaction score
We just installed 2,500 so far this year. We mostly used the Gerber back outlet pressure assist - great performance, good price. Always use a rubber flange gasket (not wax). Have caulking on hand to finish the bowl to wall gap if there is any.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Probably the most important one is to be sure the opening is the proper height above the finished floor, assuming this is a back outlet floor mount toilet.

cliffm

Reaction score
rear outlet toilets

sorry..i would have responded sooner...but i was stuck for a couple years trying to get the image verification text question right...could be my eyes or my ADD...anyway...what is the shortest length of a decent working rear outlet toilet (most are 30 inches plus) and is it true, for a residential basement installation tying into a plastic main waste vent stack located 12 inches behind the back wall and sunk into the concrete slab(and about 8 inches higher unfortunately), only a floor supported toilet with a tank will work reliably?

rickj

Reaction score
rear-eject questions

Do rear eject toilets work as well as the more common kind?

Toto is the only toilet I'm familiar with, but they don't make a rear eject model. Does the Duravit "Happy D" work as well as a Toto?

The post below recommends a Gerber pressure-assisted model. Does a pressure-assisted toilet make enough noise not to be "neighbor friendly" in a condominium? How does it compare with the Duravit, which is not pressure assisted?

Thanks.

retrowc said:
We just installed 2,500 so far this year. We mostly used the Gerber back outlet pressure assist - great performance, good price. Always use a rubber flange gasket (not wax). Have caulking on hand to finish the bowl to wall gap if there is any.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Pressure-assist toilets can be quite load. Whether the noisewould beheard through the walls is uncertain, though.

Some of them literally blow the crud apart, and then you end up with lots of little bits, not all of which get flushed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks