Fleck 5600sxt

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
Not impressed. Put in a new well water eradicator/softener today. The valve is an electronic fleck, my other carbon filter is a fleck mechanical, anyway I install everything and plug it in and nothing, no display absolutley nothing! Can I use the unit for a day or two or should I put it in bypass till I get a new board or head? I was not able to do any initial backwash or anything as the dam thing is dead. I pulled the panel and checked the voltage and it was getting 24ac at the board.

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
I see Fleck is the same now as for years prior to when I left them for Clack in Jan 2004...

Is this 5600SXT on your 2.0 cuft filter? If so, the 5600 spec sheets says not to use the Fleck 5600 on larger than a 10" tank for a filter. And not on a tank larger than 12" for a softener.

it came on a 10" canister, It is supposed to be a "well water eradicator". I was looking for somthing to remove organics as I live near wetlands (read "swamp") and at certain times of the year I get stained water. They told me it is an anion resin gizmo and is supposed to remove tannins. Hope the dam thing works.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Yes three ex Fleck engineers with 28, 22 and 18 yrs at Fleck quit and invented the Clack line of valves and to my knowledge they are still employed by Clack. I know two are as of just the other day.

You guys have never sold a Clack.

I have sold Fleck since 1987. I just had two customers contact me in the last few days about problems with their Fleck 9100 and 5600 valves that are just under 5 years old.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks