clean windows

Users who are viewing this thread

ActionDave

Electrician
Reaction score
I was punching out on a recent remodel needed a couple of screws. Headed for the truck and smacked into the patio door. A window washing crew had been working. That glass was so clean I did not see anything but the view!
What do these guys use to get windows so clean?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
window

Don't you watch those ravens doing that to their buddy bird? I was working in a house once. It was dark inside and I went to the back to do something. When I came out again, I ran into one of those doors. They had a sliding glass door in the middle of the house and while I was in the back someone had closed it. It was impossible to see it because it was light behind it, and dark in front of it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Always use decals on your sliding glass doors. Always. My son at Halloween time, ran into one. His belt buckle hit it first and the glass exploded, raining down on him. His costume only complicated things because he was a mad butcher or something, he was covered in fake blood. It was hard to tell which was real and which was fake. Only in my life, I swear. I screamed so hard and so long, people thought it was a skit and I was fooling around. :mad:

ActionDave

Electrician
Reaction score
Yeah, no foolin'. We blue taped a ribbon on the glass for the rest of the time the crew was there.

Cookie

Reaction score
My nephew works at Toyota and he brought me home their windshield glass cleaner and it works great for even bathroom mirrors, the best I have ever used.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Great tips. But how do I stop myself always smashing my head on the B-vent when I am doing work around my furnace?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
b-vent

STOP working around your furnace and call someone else to do it so he can bang HIS head. Have you seen the "Stupid Stunts" where the lawyer, on the building's twenty first floor, wanted to impress a client about how strong his windows were and jumped against it. He had done it innumerable times before but this time the glass shattered and he tried to imitate Superman, but he could not fly. Verified Darwin's theory that the gene pool is self limiting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks