Flow switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
Help
I put in a flow switch with a peroxide injection pump as well as a whole house carbon filter. I cannnot get the flow switch to work properly. It will turn on right away if I turn on the basement sink but anything upstairs (first or second floor) is a crapshoot. I am installing another filter/softener and I think that might make the problem worse. I plumbed the flow switch into two spots and get the same results with both. Now I have it after my 2nd 80 gal retention tank and before the carbon filter. It is a "no glitch" flow switch with a little red shuttle inside of it. My well flows 10 gal a minute. I am ready to go back to the pressure switch but then I have to treat my outside hose bib water. UGH

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Either the switch isn't seeing the water flow in real time (lagging) or the flow is too low/small for the the switch. Or you don't have it wired to/plugged into, an always on power source. Or most likely, the "no glitch" part isn't 'no glitch'.

That could be caused by the carbon filter, especially if it is a disposable cartridge type, which is a bad choice to use.

I wish you luck getting hydrogen peroxide to work if you need 2 80 gal retention tanks.

What and how much of it is in your water that you are using the solution feeder to treat it?

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
I dont need that much retention. They were allready installed for a chlorine setup. Well produces 10 gal a minute so they set that up so you always had 15 minutes of dwell time. I was going to remove them but a few said to keep them. I dont think that it will hurt. The peroxide is working great! 6 ppm sulpher have the doser set to about 10ppm of 7% peroxide and my water has NEVER been better! I am going to try even less peroxide. I did not car for chlorine.

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
Either the switch isn't seeing the water flow in real time (lagging) or the flow is too low/small for the the switch. Or you don't have it wired to/plugged into, an always on power source. Or most likely, the "no glitch" part isn't 'no glitch'.

That could be caused by the carbon filter, especially if it is a disposable cartridge type, which is a bad choice to use.

I wish you luck getting hydrogen peroxide to work if you need 2 80 gal retention tanks.

What and how much of it is in your water that you are using the solution feeder to treat it?

The carbon filter is a two cubic foot fleck canister that I repacked with centaur carbon with a little gravel on the bottom. Seems to wrk fine. The guy at no glitch is sending me a 3/4" housing that he says will solve the problem,seemed like a nice guy. I put a small wire tie around the shaft to raise the shuttle a little closer to the "on" position and seems to work about 90% depending on where you turn on the water.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
A 10 gpm well and they based retention time on it...

The 10 gpm is the recovery rate of the well, not the amount of water the treatment system has to successfully treat.

That amount is a function of the water use in the house, the peak demand gpm, and your pump must provide that gpm or you don't have enough water, right?

So you've tested to see that the hydrogen peroxide is removing the H2S before the Centaur right?

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
A 10 gpm well and they based retention time on it...

The 10 gpm is the recovery rate of the well, not the amount of water the treatment system has to successfully treat.

That amount is a function of the water use in the house, the peak demand gpm, and your pump must provide that gpm or you don't have enough water, right?

So you've tested to see that the hydrogen peroxide is removing the H2S before the Centaur right?

I have some test strips that read 0 to 80ppm in 5 ppm increments. The untreated water reads about 5ppm and is god awful smelly. I could not even begin to drink it, darn near puked just brushing my teath. I test the water coming out of the second retention tank and it shows up 0 on my test strips. I did order a low range test strip that reads in .02 increments to get a better idea but if my nose is any test I cannot detect any odor at all and either can my wife and shes got a nose like a blood hound. I am trying to get the peroxide dosing even lower than 10-13-ppm I think I can get away with about 5ppm. With that being said this is the first time I can drink my water since I moved into this house almost 5 years ago!!!:):):):) (that is after the centaur to remove the peroxide I dont know if you would want to drink that stuff)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks