Hot Water for Frontloader

Users who are viewing this thread

goastros

Reaction score
I have a frontloader washing machine that does not have an on-board heater. My hot water heater sits right next to the washing machine but the washing machine takes so little water that the water that reaches it is never hot enough. Is there any solution to install on the exterior right before the washing maching--like some sort of recirculating system or instant hot system that would send already hot water into the washer?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes there are many recirculation systems that could be installed.
I question the usefullness though if your washer uses that little hot water. Seems like it would instantly cool off when it hits the room temperature cothes.

Unless of course the pipes in your house take a long loop before they come back to the washer from the water heater right next to the washer....

goastros

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm afraid you are probably right about it cooling down once it hits the inside of the washer. The piping from the water heater goes right into the washer but I'm certain that it's going in at a much lower temp than what I need. Guess I'll have to start looking for an on-board heater.

goastros

Reaction score
Because my whites look gray and my toddler's clothes are trashed at the end of a food filled day.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As of July 1, 2009, I heard that new law which will prohibit washing clothes with hot water. Phasing in as of 2012 will be an outright ban on all clothes washing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks