Watts Expansion Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

USAFRet

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might be able to find a Watts ILT-5 expansion tank? The internal bladder on mine is leaking and the company no longer makes this model.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Is there a specific reason why a different model will not work in your application...

I can't think of why there would be...

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Watts ILT-5 isn't a standard expansion tank. It's an "inline" tank. It doesnt thread into a tee. That being said, you can just re-plumb your line so you can use a "normal" expansion tank. There isn't a whole lot to it. I think we have a few of the Watts tanks left on the shelf, but down the road you are going to have to change it to a standard tank anyways since they don't make that style anymore.

USAFRet

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the replies. The Watts In-Line is a nice streamlined tank. It was, I believe, introduced in 2003, so I was surprised to learn they'd discontinued it. I know I'll have to replace it eventually with a standard type, but thought if I could find one somewhere I'd just swap it out now and put the replumb job on the list of things to do in the future. Guess the future is now! Again, thanks for the replies.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Probably never sold since it didn't have male threads on it like every other expansion tank out there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks