Just had well installed...sprinklers won't stop!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

iPhoneSRQ

Reaction score
Hello, I just had a 180' 4" well dug & installed by a company. I have a submersible pump & a pressure tank (bladder type I think). The well is for irrigation purposes only.

The company left my property & my sprinklers started by themselves??
I checked the sprinkler timer & it was off as I expected...the sprinkers are actually on in 1 & partially 2 different zones. It sounds like the pressure tank gets kicked on & won't shut off till I throw the breaker.

Also I live in FL so I guess 180' is sufficient...they said the pump is submersed to 70' does this sound correct?

thanks for the help

Last edited:

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Are there electric solenoids for each zone? It sound like they may not be wired right or not working at all.
Something has to turn the sprinklers on and off.
If the zone controller was not setup right, can cause false signals to the solenoids.

Just a thought.

Travis

iPhoneSRQ

Reaction score
the sprinker system was set up & working fine before the well was put in... have 4 zones, but I don't know where valves with the electric solenoids are located...

Is there an easy way to locate these valves w/ solenoids? because we had sod put down and now these have been covered up with sod...oooops!

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Was the power turned off the sprinkler system controller? It may just need to be reset.

I was going to say, the solenoids should be located in the yard. You pretty much covered that aspect of it..lol :)

The easiest way I can think of is to use a medal detector. They should be located in some type of plastic box buried in the ground.

Travis

iPhoneSRQ

Reaction score
nah, the power was to the sprinkler timer & they were still running...so I'm thinking must have to find these valves and inspect.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sprinkler

Something must have gotten into the valves and prevents them from closing. WHO in his right mind buries sprinkler valves? I suppose the answer to that question is that it is the same person who buries/covers outdoor sewer cleanouts.

iPhoneSRQ

Reaction score
Something must have gotten into the valves and prevents them from closing. WHO in his right mind buries sprinkler valves? I suppose the answer to that question is that it is the same person who buries/covers outdoor sewer cleanouts.

WHo in their mind....I know I called the landscape guy today & gave him a word or two!!

Sorry I'm new, so how do I clean the valves?? I did locate them (cost me $60 to pay a pro to find them)

iPhoneSRQ

Reaction score
The $60 was to use machine that locates valves, not cleaning....I will try cleaning.

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks