Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Regarding ammo taxes and gun bans, I wasn't able to find anything of substance on the issue. Plenty of folks talking about it on websites, but nothing that I could see that shows that these things are actually going through legislation on the Federal level.
If you happen to run across anything - - a bill number, reference, or what have you - - then I'd certainly like to take a look at it.

This information was posted earlier by Catch Chick in this thread...
https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=196556&postcount=37

The link below is an online petition against it you can sign.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/lets-stop-bill-hr-45

MN-E

Reaction score
This information was posted earlier by Catch Chick in this thread...
https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=196556&postcount=37

Thanks for the info, but the bill doesn't have any language regarding increased taxation of ammo, nor does it ban any guns.

And... you're going to hate me for this, but this doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Comparing it to the registration I need for my truck, and the fact that I have to renew my driver's license every 5 years, I'm just not seeing why this is such a bad idea. (Also, checking Snopes & the language of the bill, the "mental & physical evaluation" bit is not truly a part of the bill).

Sorry, sir, but I'm guessing we're just not going to see eye-to-eye on this.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
And... you're going to hate me for this, but this doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. Comparing it to the registration I need for my truck, and the fact that I have to renew my driver's license every 5 years, I'm just not seeing why this is such a bad idea. (Also, checking Snopes & the language of the bill, the "mental & physical evaluation" bit is not truly a part of the bill).

The only people who follow the law are law abiding citizens
Criminals will NOT follow these procedures
So the Law is pointless in gun "control"
What we need is "Criminal" control
This is an added expense & problematic
More Govt wasting $$

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but the bill doesn't have any language regarding increased taxation of ammo, nor does it ban any guns.

I guess some of us are just destined to become sheep!
Sometimes it pays to read the full text rather than let somebody tell you what it says.

Here is the section of the bill regarding mental health.

(8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;

Years ago I had a messy divorce, and ended up with custody of my children ages 5 and 6... I sought counseling... I supose that could be a good reason to revolk my permit huh?

SEC. 403. INSPECTIONS.

In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held.

Come on in... Just walk into my house any time you want no warrant required!:eek:

(b) Amendment to Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

‘(36) The term ‘qualifying firearm’--

‘(A) means--

‘(i) any handgun; or

‘(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and

‘(B) does not include any antique.’.

A set up for a future bill involving confiscation if you ask me.:eek:

(c) Fees-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Attorney General shall charge and collect from each applicant for a license under this title a fee in an amount determined in accordance with paragraph (2).

(2) FEE AMOUNT- The amount of the fee collected under this subsection shall be not less than the amount determined by the Attorney General to be necessary to ensure that the total amount of all fees collected under this subsection during a fiscal year is sufficient to cover the costs of carrying out this title during that fiscal year, except that such amount shall not exceed $25.

Just another tax...:eek:

Yea there are a few issues and more when you read the full text.

I for one am not ready to surrender my constitutional rights based on the inability of the goverment to use existing laws to control a criminal population that is illegally using guns.:cool:

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
When I first heard of this HR 45, I emailed the NRA. They informed me that they are well aware of it and that nothing at this time is being done about it because they feel that it's DOA. But they are watching things on the horizon.

I agree with Redwood, just another tax and an easier way to snatch our guns if they ever wanted to. Which by the way in my opinion, they would love to do if they had the support. Then we are all sheep. Oh; except the criminals who wouldn't surrender theirs.

bob...

MN-E

Reaction score
I guess some of us are just destined to become sheep!

"Sheep"?? Come on, Red... I've tried to be respectful here. Certainly we can have a discussion without resorting to namecalling.

Sometimes it pays to read the full text rather than let somebody tell you what it says.

The post you referenced for me (which is a chain e-mail) states "You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing". This is not true; you do have to authorize the release mental health records, but it doesn't state what conditions would make one inelligible for gun ownership. Consider somebody who suffers from schizophrenic delusions; they should be able to get guns without any restrictions?

Come on in... Just walk into my house any time you want no warrant required!
Read the text again, buddy... it pertains to any place in which firearms are manufactured, stored or held FOR DISTRIBUTION IN COMMERCE. Not private households.

A set up for a future bill involving confiscation if you ask me.

Unwarranted alarmism, if you ask me. Is your vehicle registered? Are they going to confiscate that from you?

As far as taxes & regulations... you know what has a lot of regulations? My state & city plumbing code. Costs me a lot of money, too, paying for inspections & what-not. Are they trying to make sure I'm not going to end up creating a safety hazard for my neighbors... or are they really just infringing on my individual rights?!?

Look, I know I keep beating this point into the ground, but the majority of folks just aren't biting on it:
Tell me the 2nd amendment states I have every right to keep nuclear & chemical weapons in my home (and carry them with me if I choose), and that any restrictions to that end are unconstitutional.
I'll vehemently disagree with you, but at least I'll know that you're being intellectually honest & consistent.

If, however, you disagree with that statement...? Then I think you'd have to admit that not all laws & regulations regarding ARMS are a bad thing, and we don't always have to react to them with the notion that the sky is falling and we're all "sheep."

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yup you're right...
deadhorse.gif

I can think of worse animals to be called than a sheep... LOL
If the shoe fits wear it!

After 40 years of passing "New Gun Control Laws"
We still haven't gotten the criminals to stop using guns illegally...
Go figure...
Instead we keep on limiting the rights of law abiding citizens in hopes of cutailing the activities of the criminal element....
Sounds like a recipe for success to me!:cool:

Did you know that in America you can kill someone with a gun and be back out on the streets in less the 12 years?:eek:

I'm ready for criminal control myself!

Last edited:

MN-E

Reaction score
Be real, Nuclear & chemical weapons did not exist back then
That's an idiotic argument

So the 2nd amendment only applies to weapons which were in existence at the time that the Constitution was drafted?
...think that one over before you answer.

MN-E

Reaction score
Think it over yourself

The 2nd Amendment refers to "arms" not "firearms". Both words existed in the English language at the time, so their choice of words is telling.

(my point is that semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons did not exist back then)

MN-E

Reaction score
If you think people should be able to build & keep nuclear weapons then you belong somewhere with rubber walls & long armed jackets

I agree. And I do not really think that.

The point I'm trying to make is that you can't have it both ways. You can't use the 2nd amendment to say that any gun laws are unconstitutional, and then turn around and say that restrictions to other types of arms just fine & dandy. (And, again: the 2nd amendment covers all arms, not just firearms.)

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
There is no comparison between a nuclear weapon & the right to bear arms

Not so, and I have just learned this in the past few minutes:

Nuclear arms are arms, firearms are arms, grenades are arms, clubs and knives are arms ... and so on and on. Quite simply: Anything with which a man or a people might arm himself or themselves is an arm. Hence, the right to bear arms is the right to bear arms ... and those facts leave us with a dilemma:

Likely none of us wants to see *all* arms born at the domestic level, some of us seem to want all arms banned at every level, and some of us say there should be virtually no ban or restriction on domestic firearms, or even other arms ... and while we spin wheels in muddy debate, globalists keeping tightening the NWO's grip.

MN-E

Reaction score
There is no comparison between a nuclear weapon & the right to bear arms

I'm a "troll" now? Huh... for referencing the 2nd amendment in a gun control discussion? Wow.

Okay, apparently I screwed something up here; I've used the site a few times asking for plumbing advice, then stumbled upon some of the more "random" topics here & thought I'd jump in on the discussion.
I should've just kept out of it.

Sorry to step on your toes, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm a "troll" now? Huh... for referencing the 2nd amendment in a gun control discussion? Wow.

Okay, apparently I screwed something up here; I've used the site a few times asking for plumbing advice, then stumbled upon some of the more "random" topics here & thought I'd jump in on the discussion.
I should've just kept out of it.

Sorry to step on your toes, guys!

Relax MN-E!

laugh-1.gif

There is reason for concern though...
Check my profile page and see what hobbies I have...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks