(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

  1. #16
    DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MN-E View Post
    ... and I'm not even sure I understand the conspiracy theory ...
    A global conspiracy for total control of this world's politic, religion and economy cannot be either proved or disproved, but the people (with the 'gold', of course) who actually run things do not need to "conspire" anyway. Rather, they just keep right on doing whatever they do ... and what the rest of us see or experience is simply a matter of cause-and-effect that is of no real (if even any) concern to them. For example:

    The globalists do not really care who has guns or who does not since they have more than anybody else and nobody else could possibly overcome their own "arsenal" of safety and security ... and I suppose watching everybody else fret over the matter might make at least some of them feel more secure in what they already have.

    We live in a democracy (mob rule)?! No, not in the past, not now and never at all! The USA's "founding fathers" made quite sure that was *not* what they had put together ... and today their actual idea of a moral people governing themselves has been completely over-run by the immoral ones ...

  2. #17
    Plumber Cass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    They may not be planning on a gun ban right now but I bet they try and pass gun registration so when they do ban them, legaly or illegaly, they will know who has what...

  3. #18

    Default Beware their back door approach

    I recieved a letter from Illinois State Senator Dan Rutherford. In it he explained that anti-gun Chicago Democrats are leading legislative efforts that would require gun owners to carry $1 million liability insurance, to imprint an ID on ammunition and to restrict legal, private gun sales. This is just the beginning. For years efforts to allow concealed carry have been bottlenecked in the Rules Committee. Unfortunately, most of Illinois legal gun owners do not know about the negative legislation, due in part to a biased media me thinks.
    Beware, my gun owning friends, the anti-gun politicians won't come at you from the front to seize yor guns. They are crafty enough to know that silently and slowly they can accomplish the same goals through more subtle means. What good is a gun with no bullets?
    I wonder how many European Jews said "Oh, you're just being paranoid" as the Hitler led Nazi Party came into power?

  4. #19

    Default

    Well, here's a query...
    I've been told that the 2nd amendment exists, in part, to empower citizens to fight against the government if tyranny rears its ugly head someday.
    And, we realize that "right to bear arms" isn't written to be limited to firearms.
    So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?

    I mean, if everything's going to be fair, don't you & I (and your next door neighbor or whomever) have those rights also included in the 2nd amendment?
    I should be able to manufacture anthrax in my basement and walk around with a "dirty bomb" in my suitcase...

    ...right?


    (PS... Dear FBI-guy monitoring the interwebs: I swear, this is just a hypothetical & philosophical question. I'm not really arguing in favor of this.)

  5. #20
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    A quote from Adolf Hitler, 1935

    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

    Baaaa.... Baaaa.... Baaaa


  6. #21
    DIY Junior Member KarenTheBold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9

    Default What is the purpose of having a gun?

    1. Some people like to collect them and display them and look at them. (Like some people collect vases, coins, cars, etc.)

    2. Some people collect guns because they like to shoot at targets.

    3. Some people collect guns because they hunt animals--and presumable eat what they kill.

    4. Some people collect guns because they are afraid that someone will invade their home and they want to be prepared to defend themselves.

    5. Some people collect guns because they are concerned that some foreign country is going to invade the USA and they want to be part of the "well-ordered militia" that will repell the invaders.

    6. Some people collect guns because they hatch a plan to kill someone--a family member, a workmate, a boss, etc. (Just read the daily news.)

    7. Some people collect guns because they plan to create mayhem by shooting a lot of people--Columbine, etc. (Also in the news, especially in April.)

    8. Some people collect guns because they think their own government is "against them" and that shooting someone/many people is the only way to protect their way of life.

    Is this a complete list? Add your own. I want to understand this preoccupation about having a lot of guns. And at this point I don't understand why anyone would buy an AK-47. The only examples of using AK-47s in the US (that I can remember) have been by deranged people who want to shoot up a lot of people they have a grudge against.

  7. #22
    Plumber Cass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    My #1 reason is The right to Keep and Bear Arms...and I don't want it infringed upon...

  8. #23
    Plumber Cass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    AK 47s are a very inaccurate guns and are used for close up shooting 50 yards or less...beyond that they loose accuracy...they are cheap to make and sell...not very many are use in this country...I can't remember when the last time was that I heard of one being used...
    Last edited by Cass; 04-17-2009 at 11:59 AM.

  9. #24
    Plumber Cass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Ahhh #6 and #7 the word collect I don't think is right...buy maybe but not collect...

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    AK 47s are a very inaccurate guns and are used for close up shooting 50 yards or less...beyond that they loose accuracy...they are cheap to make and sell...not very many are use in this country...I can't remember when the last time was that I heard of one being used...
    Try Googling the name "Richard Poplawski"

  11. #26

    Default

    It's a man thing and not to be understood. Right Red?

  12. #27
    Master Plumber Redwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    It's a man thing and not to be understood. Right Red?
    I don't know about that...

    My daughter is a pretty good shot too!

  13. #28
    DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    Posts
    2,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MN-E View Post
    Well, here's a query...
    I've been told that the 2nd amendment exists, in part, to empower citizens ...
    I might be wrong, but I believe the constitution is more about setting and maintaining limitations and restrictions upon a/the government of people than about empowering that same self-governed people ... and that ultimately means "we the people" should have already been telling the government just how many and what types of arms *it* is allowed to have ... and that all of them should always be pointed away from us, of course. But, something got goofed up and turned around somewhere along the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by MN-E View Post
    So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?
    For keeping our own "self-government" in check?

    That would be like having dynamite on hand for cleaning out the chicken house.

  14. #29
    Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    FYI.. no one can buy an AK-47 unless they have a permit for a fully automatic weapon. Which is near imposable to get. What the news keep calling AK-47's are cheap knock offs that are only semi-automatics just like any other rifle you can buy. I do own a Mak- 90 I do agree they are not very accurate, but I disagree with how bad they are. I can hit a target center of mass at 300 yards all day long using the stock sites. The grouping is around a 8" circle. Where as with my AR-15 (civilian version of a M-16) I can keep my grouping at 300 yards the size of a half cent piece. At 150 yards with the AR-15 I can keep a grouping the size of a dime. Oh Grouping for you non-gun owners is 3 to 5 shots fired at the target and how close each shot is to each other. The target below is a 5 shot grouping from a an AR 10 which is pictured below the target picture.





  15. #30

    Default

    Ratz, you do keep them in great condition. My husband always did his stocks so shiny, and the insides clean as a whistle. I haven't touched them in 4 years, is their anything I need to do to keep them nice, they are in soft cases.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •