(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Hybrid View

Default Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

We don"t need no stinking gun conrol!!!

"before it's too late"???

Um... why? What's going to happen? How will we know when "it's too late"?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Temper temper...

The stores are dry, as far as ammo goes, around here. I'm ahead of the curve so to speak, but there are a lot of folks apparently scared. I've never seen a buying frenzy this bad.

And, what are they afraid of?

As I write this, I got to laugh because I am going to teach a course at my neighboring college on, how to deal with stress in today's economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    And, what are they afraid of?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out.
    Obviously, the whole "gun control" debate is a huge can of worms. I realize there are passionate people on both sides of the issue.

Lately, though, it seems like there's this irrational "end of the world" hyperbole going around... and I'm not even sure I understand the conspiracy theory, but it's apparently urging folks to stockpile guns & ammo. The lunatic in Pittsburgh also comes to mind, of course.

If somebody wants to have a say in the laws of our country, the way to go about it isn't to stock up on guns & head for the bunker.
    We have a democracy: participate in it. Contact your congressmen & Senators; prepare yourself for rational debates with the people on the other side; represent gun-owners as intelligent & thoughtful citizens, not knee-jerk reactionaries.

(PLEASE NOTE: I'm not calling out accusations towards anyone here, just commenting on what I'm seeing in the world in general.)

That is the feeling I got from others like they think the sky is falling in.
    Last edited by Cookie; 04-16-2009 at 08:20 PM.

DIY scratch-pad engineer leejosepho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MN-E View Post
    ... and I'm not even sure I understand the conspiracy theory ...
    A global conspiracy for total control of this world's politic, religion and economy cannot be either proved or disproved, but the people (with the 'gold', of course) who actually run things do not need to "conspire" anyway. Rather, they just keep right on doing whatever they do ... and what the rest of us see or experience is simply a matter of cause-and-effect that is of no real (if even any) concern to them. For example:

The globalists do not really care who has guns or who does not since they have more than anybody else and nobody else could possibly overcome their own "arsenal" of safety and security ... and I suppose watching everybody else fret over the matter might make at least some of them feel more secure in what they already have.

We live in a democracy (mob rule)?! No, not in the past, not now and never at all! The USA's "founding fathers" made quite sure that was *not* what they had put together ... and today their actual idea of a moral people governing themselves has been completely over-run by the immoral ones ...

They are afraid of recent comments made by Nancy Pelosi and Eric holder and the current media blitz claiming that 'guns are bad'. Media claims that "90%" of the guns seized in Mexico are coming from the US. That made up statistic is just laughable IMO. Well actually the fact is most people just see that anti-gun politicians are in control and are fearing another "Assault" weapons ban. People are getting them now before any they can't get them anymore. They are afraid of loosing (unconstitutionally I might add) their rights to keep and bear arms.

I personally see a gun ban or gun registration political suicide (and rightfully so) for any politician right now and an uphill battle for anyone. I think most politicians understand that and will not support any new legislation. I don't take it for granted though as nothing surprises me anymore. My reps and senators have heard my opinion on every anti-gun bill presented, along with other issues, and they always will.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking I got plenty

I hope my house never catches fire...

It would sound like .......the fall of Saigon

till the fires burnt out...........
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

cookie,,,

their is nothing to fear.... but fear itself...

people are getting way too paranoid and worried about things,

Obama or no one else is gonna take your guns away from you.

in the midwest , their is plenty of ammo
    to go around.... go to any gun show and its very plentiful....

I could buy surplus AP ammo that could take down a helicopter ,
    I dont really care to buy any......

and becasue of this freedom that our fore-fathers gave us
    I doubt that anyone will ever be able to start a ruthless dictatorship
    here either......it would be very difficult for someone like VP Dick Cheney
    to try and pull off some day...

we all have lived through Dick Cheney, we will make it through this too,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Jimbo, are you calmed down yet? You are very quiet, ( you know its the quiet ones you got to watch) LOL... just kidding Jim,

There has been talk of a 500% tax on ammo which wouldn't ban it but would make it to costly for any one to buy...I personally don't think it will happen but this is part of the scare...The also are talking about registration of all guns and all sales of guns even private sales and this has always precedes guns being conficated...at least in other countrys...they will always say no they would never do that but it always happens that way... kinda like...like "hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you..."