3/16 " hole for Zoeller Sump Pumps -where?

Users who are viewing this thread

soccer123

Reaction score
My Zoeller Sump is pumping into a Y and the bottom of the Y has an end cap with the 3/16" hole pointing (vertically) down at the water. It was installed by the plumber when the house was build. Is this arrangement releaving the "air-lock" possiblity as the pump manufacturer recomends? There is not any noticeable water splash as there would be if the 3/16" hole was higher up in the discharge line.

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
My Zoeller Sump is pumping into a Y and the bottom of the Y has an end cap with the 3/16" hole pointing (vertically) down at the water. It was installed by the plumber when the house was build. Is this arrangement releaving the "air-lock" possiblity as the pump manufacturer recomends? There is not any noticeable water splash as there would be if the 3/16" hole was higher up in the discharge line.

As long as there is a hole in the piping below the check valve and preferably below the pit lid its fine. I normally drill the hole about two to four inches up from the threaded adapter and angle it downward so the water will spray down back into the water.