big decrease in hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

ftcno

Reaction score
We have a Ruud Pacemaker,model PE52-2 C 50 gal unit. It was installed into a newly built house we moved into in May 2002. Just two weeks ago we could only get a half tub of hot water vs. 2+ tubs before. Also, what water we did get was REALLY hot! We adjusted by waiting about 15-20 min to repeat the process for next user. Later, I turned both thermostats up to cut down wait time, but I'm sure we're using much more electricity now to heat up same amount of water. What gives?

ftcno

Reaction score
hot water decrease

thanks for advice, and I have no intentions of opening it up. I am wondering though if a faulty part is at work here and if so could it be something modular, i.e, can be "unplugged" and replaced. Also, had solar panel company consultant meeting today coincidentally, and discussed tankless or solar heated tank. How much, approximately, to repair current tank w/ such symptoms?

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Can`t tell you how much to repair but is probily a bad element,or thermostat.
Needs to be checked by a pro.
BTW please do not go tankless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks