Pressure Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

sullij15

Reaction score
I have a newly installed Kohler K-304-KP Rite Temp pressure balancing valve in my shower. The problem is that, even though the handle is turned all the way up, the water won't get past luke warm. The water in the sink runs hot so it seems to be just an issue with the shower. Any ideas on how to fix this?

sullij15

Reaction score
When I took the handle off, the stop is going all the way up, the red tab connects to the black stop. Any other ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some valves use a screw to adjust the limits, some use a lever. You may need to pull that stop off and rotate it. The instructions should have come with the valve. If you don't have them, have you checked with Kohler to see if you can get them?

It may become obvious if you look at the parts breakdown. There will be some way to adjust the hot volume, you just haven't figured it out yet. Another Kohler gotcha...reinvent the wheel sort of thing...they must do it 'their way'.

sullij15

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll pull the instructions and see if I can make sense of it. It's def worth a shot b/c I'm tired of luke warm showers!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks