hard to find delta part

Users who are viewing this thread

phxz06

Reaction score
Hi I'm replacing a Delta 600 series shower. I had a real hard time removing the old parts due to corrosion and calcium build up. My problem is that I can't find a part that I had to damage during removal. Its a flange/collar that goes over the housing for the water temp/pressure control ball. I had to cut the old flange/collar off because I could not get a good grip with my channel locks to offer counter support while removing the housing cover (didn't want to shear off the copper lines). I am including a picture of the cut and damaged part. The new parts going in are chrome if that may help with a part number.

thanks steve

Attachments

• DSC03705.jpg
    DSC03705.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC03706.jpg
    DSC03706.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC03707.jpg
    DSC03707.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC03688.jpg
    DSC03688.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 163

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Hi I'm replacing a Delta 600 series shower. I had a real hard time removing the old parts due to corrosion and calcium build up. My problem is that I can't find a part that I had to damage during removal. Its a flange/collar that goes over the housing for the water temp/pressure control ball. I had to cut the old flange/collar off because I could not get a good grip with my channel locks to offer counter support while removing the housing cover (didn't want to shear off the copper lines). I am including a picture of the cut and damaged part. The new parts going in are chrome if that may help with a part number.

thanks steve

Give these guys a call http://www.justfaucets.com/ They have a very large stock of parts, and normally can get me a part they don't have in a day. They bailed me out hundreds of times.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I believe the part you need is RP5893-PB. Any large plumbing supply can get it for you, IF Delta still makes it. If they don't , someone in the aftermarket probably does.

You could also google that part number and probably find it online.

phxz06

Reaction score
thanks for the quick response

Thanks guys.. that was the part I needed. I found a plumbing supply store here in phoenix that has it in stock. Glad I found this forum... it rocks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks