(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: hard to find delta part

Default hard to find delta part

Hi I'm replacing a Delta 600 series shower. I had a real hard time removing the old parts due to corrosion and calcium build up. My problem is that I can't find a part that I had to damage during removal. Its a flange/collar that goes over the housing for the water temp/pressure control ball. I had to cut the old flange/collar off because I could not get a good grip with my channel locks to offer counter support while removing the housing cover (didn't want to shear off the copper lines). I am including a picture of the cut and damaged part. The new parts going in are chrome if that may help with a part number.

thanks steve
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phxz06 View Post
    Hi I'm replacing a Delta 600 series shower. I had a real hard time removing the old parts due to corrosion and calcium build up. My problem is that I can't find a part that I had to damage during removal. Its a flange/collar that goes over the housing for the water temp/pressure control ball. I had to cut the old flange/collar off because I could not get a good grip with my channel locks to offer counter support while removing the housing cover (didn't want to shear off the copper lines). I am including a picture of the cut and damaged part. The new parts going in are chrome if that may help with a part number.

thanks steve
    Give these guys a call http://www.justfaucets.com/ They have a very large stock of parts, and normally can get me a part they don't have in a day. They bailed me out hundreds of times.

I believe the part you need is RP5893-PB. Any large plumbing supply can get it for you, IF Delta still makes it. If they don't , someone in the aftermarket probably does.

You could also google that part number and probably find it online.

Default thanks for the quick response

Thanks guys.. that was the part I needed. I found a plumbing supply store here in phoenix that has it in stock. Glad I found this forum... it rocks.