Salt Build Up Around Water Softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

statin

Reaction score
So I keep getting this salt crystal build up around my water softener and not sure why. I don't see any leaks. It is never wet. Initially I had the softener on the concrete and when I noticed it forming I put the softener on some plywood. Here is a pic and any info is appreciated. If it matters is it a GE water softener.

Water%20Softener.jpg

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I don't think that is a possibility for a number of reasons. Mostly because I used to live on a beach on the Gulf of Mexico and the air was really 'salty' yet we never saw salt hanging on anything caught in the early morning dew that was all over everything. Another reason is due to him not having "salt dust" in the air around his salt tank.

The tank has a very small leak and the salt is from salt water evaporating leaving the salt behind.

statin

Reaction score
OK, I guess it is a leak

I just got back from a trip so I will look into it. I am in the southwest so I imagine that the reason I don't see any fluid is that it dries quickly. I must have a pretty significant leak because that accumulation is only about a month old. Thanks for your replies.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks