Bradford-White Not Honoring Warranties with Water Softeners in use

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Yes. That is what I was told today from another plumber.

Bradford-White is denying any warranty entitlements if you install one of their heaters with a water softener in the structure.

If this is not true, and only affect a specific region, please make the adjustments on this thread.

I found this to be quite shocking today, and wondering if the other mfg's are going to start doing this.

This plumber told me that Bradford White denied a warranty replacement on a water heater 4 years old that had a water softener in the home.

Anything anyone has to add, please do.

Raven1

Tech Support
Reaction score
Website
www.bradfordwhite.com
I work in the tech department for Bradford and a caller brought this link to my attention.

While the installation manual mentions water softeners and the need to replace/serivce anodes on a more regular basis, it does NOT state that use of a water softener will void a warranty. Removal or cutting off the anode, that WILL void the warranty.

I would be more than happy to talk with you or that plumber to better understand the background behind the denial.

Our tech group is open 24/7, located in Middleville Michigan. Give us a call if you have questions.

Thanks!

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
You dug up a 2.5 year old posting for this? (That's practically half the warranty period of some products! :) )

Also, if you're going to invite a phone call, an actual telephone # usually helps them cut to the chase, eh? Sending somebody to call-routing purgatory in hopes that they might find the relevelant person or department isn't doing you or them any favors.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. BW does NOT inspect the jobsite when a water heater fails
2. BW does NOT ask whether there is a water softener on their claim form
3. BW does NOT inspect the old water heater when it fails under warranty
4. ANYONE who does NOT honor BW's warranty, (or any other brand except Kenmore for that matter, assuming the heater is actually within its warranty period), is "scamming" you, possibly because they do not want to spend the time filling out the form or for some other reason, usually to make more profit. (such as, sell you a new heater then exchange yours for a new heater which they then sell to someone else at full price, or sell it back to you at full price.)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks