Brand New Gerber Install Won't Flush

Users who are viewing this thread

jdssc

Reaction score
Good Day All:

We just installed a brand new Gerber Aqua Saver Toilet, #28-794 14" RI. Followed install instructions to the letter. Turned the water on, filled the tank and - no flush power at all.

It appears that gravity just isn't doing the job. Water is just not getting into the bowl fast enough. The bowl fills all right, but very slowly; so much so that it seems there is not enough pressure to give us an actual flush.

Everything is installed properly. Flap wide open, chain correct length. No blockages, the rim holes are tiny, but functioning and the vent on the roof is clear. Does this thing have to be primed or something?

Any suggestions offered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much for your time.

JD

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 28-794 had a flush score of 150 grams
The trapway on the Gerber 28-794 is not very efficient.

Watersense requires 350 grams to get their listing.
500 grams is considered very good.

gerber_21-794.gif

Gerber 21-794 Aqua Saver

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need a different toilet...I 2nd pulling it and getting another toilet that will work like a Toto...

toto_cst743s_cutaway.gif

Toto Drake with a better trapway design

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thats one hurtin toilet...
I'll go along with what the others have said...
Get a Toto!

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Of course like everyone else I would suggest a Toto, but I would also suggest a Gerber Viper or Avalanche, I have personally installed and tested the Viper and think that it's a great flushing toilet for a good value and is hard to clog, the Avalanche I haven't tested yet but have heard good things about it.

jdssc

Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the time you invested in your replies to me. We tore it down and discovered it was all simply a matter of a tank mis-match. We exchanged for the correct tank and everything seems to be working fine now.

I now know that for the future I will go with the Toto, but for now I'm flushed with joy:).

Thank you all again.
JD

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks