Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I have a similar situation. We have a new house and the Jaccuzzi tub is way at the other end of the house. We have a 50gal hot water heater and when the tub gets about 1/2 full the water turns cold.
100' of half-inch pipe is only a gallon, so then the first gallon you put in would be cold. What's your tub capacity?
For 108F water, you could do 50 gal of 120F and 15 gals of 70F water.

Stevep111

Reaction score
I don't know what the capacity is. I would assume it is about 30-40 gallons but I am sure I am wrong since it seems to run the 50 gallon tank dry of hot water. One other thing I found is since the house is almost 3 years old and we just bought it in Oct and no one has ever lived in it full time, I might need to flush it in order to resolve the issue with the rust in the water as it might be sediment. The water heater is electric and is not insulated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks