It's a Full Moon tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Redwood pointed out that it's a full moon tonight.
Maybe that's why it's been a strange day.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.php

FullMoonSeronik_m.jpg

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/news/3309341.html?imw=Y

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
explains why my trailer jetter decided to eat the two belts while I was in Munster jetting drain tiles. A guy set it up where I come out and jet his drain tiles and 3 other homes. After the second home was done and we where just getting started on the third, the belts poofed on us. Nearest place that had B 72 belts was an hour away. So we called it the day and told the other two we will return next week.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here's how strange my day was. About 9:00 am, I'm in the hall during passing time, talking with another teacher when I look into my classroom just in time to see one student pick up and throw a chair at another. So I go in and throw the kid out, which he can't believe I would do? Idiot. About 15 minuts later, right in the middle of a test, another one of the little gems begins giving a tutorial on how to make a bong out of a 2 liter pepsi bottle? And another one bites the dust. About an hour after that I toss another one for using the "c" word as though it was just a normal word in conversation? IDIOT'S

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Here's how strange my day was. About 9:00 am, I'm in the hall during passing time, talking with another teacher when I look into my classroom just in time to see one student pick up and throw a chair at another. So I go in and throw the kid out, which he can't believe I would do? Idiot. About 15 minuts later, right in the middle of a test, another one of the little gems begins giving a tutorial on how to make a bong out of a 2 liter pepsi bottle? And another one bites the dust. About an hour after that I toss another one for using the "c" word as though it was just a normal word in conversation? IDIOT'S

"C" word.. cock? like Drain cock, ball cock, sill cock, basin cock? Plumbing is so dirty between its cocks and nipples.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's why I've been calling things "Fill Valves"
or how bout "pipe extensions"?

Or short pieces of pipe?

I have wondered, I guess those names were there long before they become considered bad words. The think the bad part came later.
Sometimes perfectly good words that truly describe something accurately become slang for something else.

Howeeeeeeeeeelllll

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I never shy away from the old world terms. Here is the definition of cock as applied to plumbing. 2: a device (as a faucet or valve) for regulating the flow of a liquid

So Terry what do you call a Sill cock then?

Cookie

Reaction score
"C" word.. cock? like Drain cock, ball cock, sill cock, basin cock? Plumbing is so dirty between its cocks and nipples.

I got plumbing supplies sitting in the diningroom, along comes my younger son, starts to ask me, " what is this?" I looked and said nothing, then, he held up another part, asking the same question. He then said, " how do you think you are going to sell anything if you don't know what these things are?

I am his mom, and I just can't say, the "C" word to him.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I got plumbing supplies sitting in the diningroom, along comes my younger son, starts to ask me, " what is this?" I looked and said nothing, then, he held up another part, asking the same question. He then said, " how do you think you are going to sell anything if you don't know what these things are?

I am his mom, and I just can't say, the "C" word to him.

Let me help you Miss Cookie,

Sill Cock = Wall hydrant
Ball Cock = Fill Valve
Basin Cock = hot or cold faucet
Drain Cock = Drain Valve

I think that covers them all.

Cookie

Reaction score
Then sometimes, I get a phone call inquiring about a part, when, the man on the phone wants to ask about something that has the "c" word in it, one man when he realized I was a female, started to stutter, going, '" um, I want to ask if you have a um, ball, um, um, um, " until, I couldn't take it anymore, and said, " you mean a ball, um, um, um, " we were getting no where, so, I just asked, " how many do you want?" and, then, left it go...

When I hung up, I started practicing that word over and over, until,, I got the hang of a word which has never been in my vocabulary. :rolleyes:

If someone would had walked in that room that day, they would had thought I had Tourette Syndrome. :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Sill cock

But then when I price things out, I don't itemize anyway.
And if the homeowner doesn't know it's a sill cock, that I just replace that thingy and it's all good.
But when I pick them up at the supplier, I say sill cock, unless it's Cookie, and then I say, Yeah, I want a few of those.

Cookie

Reaction score
Let me help you Miss Cookie,

Sill Cock = Wall hydrant
Ball Cock = Fill Valve
Basin Cock = hot or cold faucet
Drain Cock = Drain Valve

I think that covers them all.

Thank you, I will keep this. But, too late for my boys and me. The reason is because my sons works in unison. My youngest told my oldest that mom needs help, she doesn't know what the parts are. So, here comes older son, and says, " mom, I will help you." I told him... no, no, I am fine really, thank you..

Oh, no older son insists and says...mom, i found the parts list right here, and he says, part 123, is a ball, um, um, ... well, he is the list. I never saw him move so fast, while I hear him tell younger son, "um, mom is fine."

By now, my head was banging on the table, rest assure they won't ever ask what this part is ever....... again.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I never shy away from the old world terms. Here is the definition of cock as applied to plumbing. 2: a device (as a faucet or valve) for regulating the flow of a liquid

Ballcock?sillcock hoser

Cookie

Reaction score
The full moon rises above the tree tops in Moreland Hills, Ohio on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 Associated Press

capt.4c59352e723f4b58a216ee520c8629de.full_moon_ohs102.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Sill C

It is a hose faucet. Or, alternately, a flanged hose faucet. Here, we had a Mexican restaurant called the "Pink Taco". Its name was controversial because it is also the street slang for the "C". As a pubilicity stunt, they offered to pay an exhorbitant sum to name the Cardinals Stadium "The Pink Taco". It just went bankrupt this week after two years of operation.

Steverino

Reaction score

A teacher! I tip my hat to you. I sorely needed a break from engineering a few years back and taught high school for a short bit. Parts of it were absolutely wonderful. Some were not. Unlike you, my problems were usually not created by my students but by overprotective parents. They chased my right back to engineering.

Steve

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks