Tie Into Vent Line for Lavatory Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
As a followup to my post below, I have a shower floor drain that has a vent running vertically (up into the attic) in an adjacent wall. On the opposite side of that wall, I have a lavatory that is currently draining via thin walled pipe to the trap of another lav in a double lav configuration. I am wondering if it would be possible to have the lav drain directly into this nearby vent line (wet venting?). The shower drain is 2" and the vent is 1 1/2". The lav is less than two feet from the vent line.

Reaction score
Clarification: this is a ranch. Shower/drain/vent are all on main floor, as well as lav (which is on other side of wall where vent line is running). Vent is 1 1/2" and shower floor drain is 2". I am wondering if this vent line can serve as the drain (as well as vent) for this lav, without compromising its original function as simply a vent for the floor drain? If so, is there any requirement regarding height above the floor drain where I am allowed to tie into it (or any other requirements for that matter ). I assume I would use a sanitary tee fitting for this connection. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks