Price Phister AVANTE, removing mixing valve cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

notaplumber1

Reaction score
Price Pfister Shower Identification

Had a shower valve that failed and started spraying water on me. I need to identify it so that I can get a replacement part. On the valve it says SHWR 7106. I found a thread that discusses this with a replacement part (S74-292) but not sure if it will work as well.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?43933-Shower-valve-identification-PP-Avante

photo 1.jpg

photo.jpg

Plumbstar

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't like pulling hard on the entire valve assembly as it may not be anchored well. It can also affect how well the spout is sealed.
What I always do is:
Remove retaining nut.
I then use a channel lacks sideways.
I place the cartridge shaft in the inner portion of the jaws, positioning the end of the jaws against the valve body.
Using the valve body for leverage, while holding the cartridge shaft securely, I gently pull the shaft out with the pliers.
Never had it fail nor does it damage the valve body threads

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks