Blue Angel Sump Pump - BCAP50

Users who are viewing this thread

Carmel Corn

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Blue Angel might be made by Wayne (or vice versa). Sorry, but I am not a fan of their products. They're better than Simer/Flotec, but not as good as Zoeller or Hydromatic brands.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Just because a pump manufacture does not give a longer than 1 year warranty on their pumps does make them inferior. Just as if they offer a 3 year warranty does not make them superior.

The key to any decent pump system if the proper sizing of the sump pump pit. The pump pit should be sized in a way where when you have peak water incoming to the pit it should give you approximately 3 to 5 minutes between pumping cycles. I have customers that have pits that are under sized and need to replace their pump every 2 - 3 years, they figured to go with a 3 year warranty pump and been replacing it every 90 days. They went back to a Hydromatic its going on 120 days with out issue. I told these people they need me to tear up the floor and install a proper sized pit. It cycles every 45 seconds to a minute during heavy inflows. I have other customers with properly sized pits where the pump will turn on every 5 minutes like clock work. The pumps have lasted them 14 years, with new switches every 3 - 4 years. They are using Hydromatic and one is using a Zoeller pump.

A Flotec would last a while if it was working in a properly sized sump pit.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A Flotec would last a while if it was working in a properly sized sump pit.

Yea, I'd say it would last a little while....
No where near as long as a good pump...

As far as the Blue Angel...

BCS50_chart.jpg

vs, Zoeller 50 series 1/3 hp.

5' 43GPM
10' 34GPM
15' 19GPM

Looks like a lot higher GPM...
How big is the pit and what is the cycling frequency?

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Hydromatic OSP50

The stats on a Hydromatic OSP 50 is

5' head = 60 gpm
10' head = 55 gpm
15' head = 45 gpm
20' head = 29 gpm
23' head = 10 gpm

Lock valve at 25' head

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I posted the Zoeller 1/3 hp because that is what I typically see in sump pits.
Of course it does not compare well to a 1/2 HP pump.

If a Zoeller 1/2 was installed the pump curve goes like this...

5' 72 GPM
10' 61 GPM
15' 45 GPM
20' 25 GPM

I consider the Zoeller to be a quality pump...

The important thing is matching the pump to your needs and application.

soccer123

Reaction score
basin size and cycling frequency

Yea, I'd say it would last a little while....
No where near as long as a good pump...

As far as the Blue Angel...

BCS50_chart.jpg

vs, Zoeller 50 series 1/3 hp.

5' 43GPM
10' 34GPM
15' 19GPM

Looks like a lot higher GPM...
How big is the pit and what is the cycling frequency?

The pit is a standard 18" diameter by 24" deep. I am sitting on a lot of water partially because of a large basement (44' x 77'). At the bottom of the pit, The pump runs continuously. I have tried both the Zoeller 1/2 hp and the Blue Angel 1/2 hp. Near the top of the pit, the pump runs for 10 minutes and rests for 40 minutes. I purchased the Blue Angel because of the electronic switch - no moving parts. The switch is mounted to the pump but is a piggy-back configuration. The pumping range is less than the automatic Zoeller pump and is about 3 inches. I am now trying a VerticalMaster switch to gain pumping range.

I am considering another sump pump basin and raising up the sump basin that I currently have which is 6" below the concrete floor. I would appreciate any other ideas that anyoue has.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks