Loud vibration sound

Users who are viewing this thread

ljp852

Reaction score
Over the last month or two we have developed a loud vibration type sound that I finally was able to trace to where the water service comes into the house in the basement. I checked to be sure that the valve was turned all the way on but that didn't help. It seems to only occur when there is a water draw in the house like a shower running or the washer is on. What could be causing this and what would need to be done to correct it? Is there potential for something serious to happen like a pipe joint giving way or anything like that? Trying to figure out what I'm getting into by calling a plumber out-funds are a bit tight right now so I don't want to get hit with a huge bill that I don't have to have right now. (Although the sound really gets on our nerves sometimes so I may have to bite the bullet anyway) thanks

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
have you got one of these on your incoming water line...
Usually near the meter...

25AUB_Z3.jpg

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Its funny to see all these Pressure regulator valves. Its very rare for the water pressure out in the Burbs of Chicago to get over 65 psi. Chicago, you be lucky to see anything over 35 psi in most areas. So these PRV's are strange to me on the main supply.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Go to where there are hills and the houses on the top of the hill need water.
I have seen pressure over 120 many times.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks