Popcorn ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I'm in the process of painting my popcorned ceiling, as I was rolling it, some of the popcorn finish came off, leaving smooth spots on my ceiling. Is there a spray i can buy at Lowes/Home Depot that will fix it???
Or what do I do??
Thanks
Barry

JohnDavid

Reaction score
Barry,

I recently dealt with that in my home. The popcorn, when it gets, gets loose and can come down. If you don't want it, just spray with water and get a scraper. It will be messy. In that room I chose to remove it.

To keep it up, yes--there is a spray at the big boxes that will patch it. What worked for me was to get an oil based primer and put a coat on the other rooms. This did not wet the popcorn and sealed it, so that my latex ceiling paint did not make the stuff come down.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks