Bradford white lowboy

Users who are viewing this thread

Cybermonkey

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in the process of getting ready to install a hot water heater. My idea is to install the HWH in a closet underneth a stairwell. The problem is my max height is 48". So, I am considering a Bradford White Lowboy 47 gal version. I have a wife, two kids and two bathrooms. I think I will get just enough hot water but am not quite sure. What do you guys opinion????
BTW, I have no Whirlpool tube or dishwasher.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
it will work ok

you are talking about a gas low boy, correct???

that will be more than big enough...

it will work fine as long as it is permitted to install one
under a stair well in your area..

and as long as it dont get starved for air.

I suggest you put it in a pan for the day will come
when it will go bad .

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

It had better be an electric heater if he is putting it under a stairway. And the 47 gallon lowboy is equivalent to a 50 gallon regular so you should have no problem with it.

Cybermonkey

Reaction score
It will be an eletric HWH. I will definitly take your advice and put a pan under it! Do they make a drain for the floor that acts like a check valve? The HWH will sit on my first floor above my crawlspace. If I had a drain to the crawlspace below I would be golden. Accept I am probobibly not seeing a code issue or two.

Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks