trying to figure out pex fitting manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocketdoctor

Reaction score
I have a couple of failed pex fittings and I am trying to determine the manufacturer. They have three wavy lines(like a symbol for water) and then PEX. They have a CSA insignia and a B number, but they failed like Zurn's have been. I am wondering who makes them.
Thanks,
Dave

Rocketdoctor

Reaction score
fitting I.D.

It turns out the fittings are manufactured by "Waterline" out of Missisauga, Ontario, Canada.
I think they are garbage. I have had two fail, it looks to me that the metal is not of good quality. They are snapping off and look all crystalized at the breaks.
Their warranty states that they will not be responsible for property damage, or labor, just the item itself.
These failures were in the wall and ceiling of a 4 month old house, and have caused a thousand dollars(rough estimate) damage. I should have stuck to my original notion of running copper throughout, although I do have more faith in the Wirsbo products, I used those on my heating system.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
warrantees

Most warrantees just cover replacing the failed part, which is usually the cheapest part of the failure, and which is why you should buy the best stuff to start with.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you are the homeowner of a 4 month old house the home warrantee would apply.

Rocketdoctor

Reaction score
As it turns out, being a plumber building a new house for one's self and using "new" technology does have its downfalls. I should have listened to the tiny voice inside that wanted me to use copper throughout. I am a pipe trades instructor in a tech school and a couple of the other instructors convinced me to "try" crimp-pex.
I am unhappy now...after two failures of these "brass" fittings, I am exploring my options so that I can finish cutting holes in the drywall, replace all the "junk" and be able to sleep well at night.

"WATERLINE" (brandname/manufacturer) brass crimp pex fittings are garbage...In retrospect, probably built by the same "offshore" factory that used to supply "ZURN".

And you are right, the warranty as specified by "WaterLine" will cover the fitting, not damages, labor, or injury....they will give me a new tee, and 90...and I ask you, why would I want them?

Thanks for the replies,
Dave

p jackman

Reaction score
I renovated my 2nd floor bath in jan 08 and one of these waterline brass fitting broke causing $120,000 in damage. After the house was restored i had another break in the basement before i moved back in. it was fixed and 2 months after moving back in (April 5th 2009) another broke in the kit ceiling resulting in the demo of my brand new kit. This system was installed in accordance with ALL codes and was pressure tested at 100 psi for a week and passed with NO LEAKS. THESE FITTINGS ARE JUNK. I have removed ALL pex and changed to copper. These costs should not be up to the homeowner!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks