Cadet 3 install problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Surveyor

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having a slight problem with the installation of my new American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. The holes for mounting the tank on the bottom of the tank seem to be spaced slightly wider than the corresponding holes on the back of the bowl. When I mount the tank the screws holding the tank become towed in a little bit. This causes the 1/2" head on the screws to sit at an angle on the rubber washer sealing the hole. The screw on the right of the tank dosen't seem to lean so much and seals okay. The one on the left leans 10-20 degrees and prevents the washer from sealing. I've tightened the screw as much as I dare without breaking something. It still leaks. I drained the tank and completely removed and repositioned it with the same result. Anybody else had this problem? Why would the holes not be the same width apart? Could this be a defect with this particular toilet?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Anybody else had this problem? Why would the holes not be the same width apart? Could this be a defect with this particular toilet?
I had this problem once, years ago. The wrong bowl in the right box.

It could also be a defect when Juan was drilling the holes lol (too much tequila)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Return the toilet, get a new one, and check at the store that it will work.
What you have is defective and should not be installed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks