Pump issues

Users who are viewing this thread

mgemensky

Reaction score
I have a well pump that is 2 years old. It repeatively goes of and on very quickly, when the pressure goes down to 20 lbs (where it is set) I have to hold it closed to make it fill back up to pressure. This is the 2nd new pressure switch I've installed in 2 days. I've check the lines and they are clear and there is no leaks in the bladder. Could the pump its self be bad? Or are there any switches I could adjust to make it work correctly? Right not when we use water I have to stand by the pump to make it pump back up to pressure.

Hube

Reaction score
Have you checked the tank's pressure with the tank empty? it should be set at approx 2 psi below the pumps cut-in setting.

mgemensky

Reaction score
Ok, the psi is set at 2 below the full psi so that is not the problem, is there anything else we could try?

Pumpman

Pump Sales
Reaction score
As Hube suggested, the precharge in the tank should be set 2 psi less than pump cutin pressure, not 2 psi less than full pressure.
Since you said the pump comes on at 20 psi, the tank should be set at 18 psi. It needs to be completely drained when you set this pressure.
Ron

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks