Newbie with a question(s)

Users who are viewing this thread

minkjc

Reaction score
I have been on county water now for about 5 or 6 years. When I first bought my house it was on a well. After I got county water I used the well for watering the garden and washing vehicles, primarily summer use. The pump it had in it was a submersible (could not tell the manufacturer or hp). I dropped a line in the well and the depth is around 250', the water level starts around 125'. The pump burnt up on me last summer. I have not replaced it yet. A friend of mine has a flow tech 1 hp above ground pump that he said I could have. Since we are all aware what the economic situation is at the moment, this sounded pretty good to me. Will i be able to hook this pump up as a jet pump or will I just be wasting my time. any and all advice is appreciated

Chris

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
A single line shallow well jet pump is not going to work if the water level is more than 25' deep. A 2 line deep well jet usually isn't good for more than 130'. Your water level goes too deep. So you should troubleshoot the bad pump and replace if needed, with a pump sized to pump from deeper water levels.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks