(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Newbie with a question(s)

Default Newbie with a question(s)

I have been on county water now for about 5 or 6 years. When I first bought my house it was on a well. After I got county water I used the well for watering the garden and washing vehicles, primarily summer use. The pump it had in it was a submersible (could not tell the manufacturer or hp). I dropped a line in the well and the depth is around 250', the water level starts around 125'. The pump burnt up on me last summer. I have not replaced it yet. A friend of mine has a flow tech 1 hp above ground pump that he said I could have. Since we are all aware what the economic situation is at the moment, this sounded pretty good to me. Will i be able to hook this pump up as a jet pump or will I just be wasting my time. any and all advice is appreciated

Chris

A single line shallow well jet pump is not going to work if the water level is more than 25' deep. A 2 line deep well jet usually isn't good for more than 130'. Your water level goes too deep. So you should troubleshoot the bad pump and replace if needed, with a pump sized to pump from deeper water levels.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.