Well Flooded

Users who are viewing this thread

Bonnie Cannon

Reaction score
Twice in the past couple of months, due to melting snow & heavy rainfall, it would appear the top part of the well is being flooded (above pump) and water pouring into house through electrical pipes. This is an older well right at ground level. Any ideas how to prevent in future. Water pours through like turning on a faucet.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Most localities require new wells have the casing extend at least 12 inches above the surrounding ground level. I've seen some low-laying areas where the casings extend several feet up.
If your well is cased, the casing can be extended as needed. The best thing to do would be to call a local well driller to evaluate your situation.

Speedbump

Reaction score
We have had to epoxy wire through well seals here in our area then go back and reinstall it once the epoxy set up. You can try putting silicone or something in the ends of the pipes to slow down the flow, but Cacher Chick has the best solution.

bob...

Bonnie Cannon

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I've had someone take a look and have been quoted 1500 to extend casing & wiring. Does that seem reasonable?

Speedbump

Reaction score
No it does not.

If you know if you have a pitless adaptor or a well seal it would help me a lot.

bob...

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I've had someone take a look and have been quoted 1500 to extend casing & wiring. Does that seem reasonable?

It's pretty hard to tell without seeing exactly what you have there and what the going trade rate is in your area.

If they are planning to properly weld a 6' extension to a casing that is currently in a mud pit, in many areas they wouldn't touch it for less.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks