Removing Grohe Ceramic Cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

dan_public

Reaction score
Hi. I'm installing a Grohe tub filler set into a deck tub: http://www.grohecatalog.com/product/25049/. According to the instructions, the ceramic cartridge (Item 6 and 7 in the parts list and exploded diagram) has to be removed before soldering. Here's the problem...

Unlike the diverter cartridge (which came out easily), I can't get either handle unit's ceramic cartridge to come out. Neither the hot nor the cold one will unscrew. Even with a lot of effort.

According to the drawing in the link above, both the hot and cold handle ceramic cartridges unscrew counter-clockwise. Is this correct? Is there some trick to get these cartridges out?

I'm pulling my hair out on this one (and I have little left to pull out). Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Dan.

p.s. To answer the obvious questions:

- I have the proper sized plumbers wrench.

- I removed the diverter cartridge with minimal hassle using the same sized plumbers wrench (17mm).

- On alternate Thursdays, I've been known to walk and chew gum at the same time. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks