Do we need Gun control YET?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I saw the ones they are doing here and sorry mate, nothing like they found in your land. My dad told me about England when he fought for London in WW11.

Well, I had to delete a remark of yours when you said, " Cookie's Oven" can you explain to me please, how that was respectful? You are always putting Amercians down want to explain why on that too?

No one here ever even remotely in anyway ever even came close to insulting you or your country.

Do you want women to be barefoot and pregnant only, plus hold down a job, eh. You got a low opinion of yanks and want to explain that too?

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Cookie. Do not take it so personally. The cookie quote was supposed to be a play on words...cookie...oven...get it?

2372439276_141d2a9f73.jpg

We all get as good as we give on this forum. And as long as no-one takes it too far, I like to think we can have fun while also learning a thing or two along the way.

You poke fun at me and my country and I poke fun at living in yours. Remember you did throw our tea in your harbor and the whole reason why this post exists is because of our unhappy departure from this great country. Ask George Washington.

Heck we even throw in a few gun jokes for good measure.

It's all in a days work. But most of us laugh.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I don't poke fun at your country, I only DID NOW to try to make you know how it feels. OBVIOUSLY you only can give it out. See how you defended yourself, that we are even dirtier?? Why didn't you laugh Ian?

No one likes it when you get down on America, we are proud of our country and you have no right, you are never funny in doing so. Lets see you put down your own country, you speak like yours is so ever perfect, that you had to leave it.

Do not refer to me as, Cookie's Oven, it is rude. It has nothing to do with baking cookies.

I laugh when something is funny, so far, I never once laughed at anything you ever wrote.

Good luck with your windows, put glass block in and go to a real place of business.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Reminds me of a joke, an Amercian & a Russian are sitting down & discussing politics & leaders (pre-wall down)

The American is proud of his country & freedom
"We have freedom, we can say what we want - Freedom of speech is guaranteed!! We make fun of our President & politicians without fearing prison or death. Can you do that?" he asks of the Russian

"Of course replies the Russian, we make fun of your President & politicians all the time without fear of prison or death!! " :D

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
like to target shoot too Dave, I was in tournaments at a gun club for 21 years, I quit when my husband died, it just wasn't any fun without him. He used to get a kick out of his wife winning them even beating the cops out. :p He liked to show me off like his trophy and I got a kick out of it all. :) I can shoot like Annie Oakley my dad taught me. Cookie

Cookie,
My daugher Amy is pretty good too. We shot a bit at the Ranch.
She has those steady arms and can pinpoint the shots.

That would be funny watching you beat those cops with a gun.

One funny story my brother tells is shooting cans with a cop wanna be.
His frend did become one later on.
My brother had been to Viet Nam, and knew guns.
His friend couldn't hit any cans. Finally he walke up to the can and made a comment like "Make my day!"
He missed from five feet away.
He almost started crying.

Cookie

Reaction score
It must be a teacher thing. :)

Terry, Years ago just to see if I could pass I had taken a test to be a cop. I was sitting behind a martial along with hundreds of other people in the Civic arena. They would flick pictures really fast and then we had to remember who was who, and what they were wearing, what they looked like etc, that is mostly what I can remember of the test. It was about 4 hours long.

I was tickled pick when I scored a 98 percent! I was called in for employment but I didn't go. Vets were even given and extra 10 points and I still scored higher. I guess it is from all that boy watching growing up. :D

The cops were pretty good sports, I got to admit that, for being beaten out by a girl. I told them, if they ever have a shoot out, call. :p

Your brother Terry which branch?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Army
He was working on the radio communications.
He would send home tapes, you could hear the rockets landing near his location.
He got a bit hard of hearing afterwards, too much shooting without ear protection.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Pre-planned death thanks to low level entry workers

Here's the real reason why those 3 PA cops died; the idiot 911 operator didn't tell the officers that he was heavily armed. Call that open range shooting and will the operater be disciplined? Hardly.

Like it always goes; nothing is getting accomplished, just expect another killing in 4,3,2,....

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm glad you two have smoked the peace pipe.

Say, what is in peace pipes?
I was always curious about that.

And why does it create peace.

I know what Tequila does, you two should "not" be sitting down and having Tequila. I'm voting against that right now.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Since he now realizes I am ok with smoking a peacepipe. But, wait, I don't smoke! and, I only drink wine and even then it is very limited, so Terry will coffee work? :) Money always works, too. :p

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Money, yes money works too?
But who pays who?

Wait, we can tax the posts here, collect the money, and get banana splits.

But if the ice cream gets on the keys, then what?
Maybe not a good idea.

I had tea yesterday. I was feeling very Chinese, somehow not English,
Though I must be some English with a name like Love.

It's funny how much trouble locations make,
You are an Earthling.
Then a member of a country, a state, a part of the state, a region in the part of the state, a county, and city, maybe a city or two, but maybe not the right neighbor hood or even street. Jeez.
And all because we can think of what separates us, instead of what unifies us.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Here is an assault revolver...

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score

Damn!:eek:
Who needs semi-automatic?

Years ago my dad who was a local police oficer came across a deal on a Colt 1911 .45 Cal. Pistol which he got for me...

Before giving it to me dad insisted that we go to the police range so he could go over proper gun handling techniques.

Bear in mind that I had just gotten out of the service about a year earlier and had been stationed in Idaho which at the time was a place where you could walk into the local bank with a pistol strapped on and it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow...

We had both sports there...
Hunting and fishing...

My landlord who I really never paid rent to...
(he was a realtor that supplied endless side jobs, some cash, some free rent, some barter, always a great deal)
Owned a pawn shop and collected many guns from it.
Any time I wanted I could borrow (for forever if I wanted to) anything in his collection at home or that was for sale in the store.

I did a little bit of shooting!

Anvway back to dad's teaching me how to shoot...

He pulls out his service revolver a Smith and Wesson Model 19 .357 Magnum demonstrates a stance and squeezes the trigger painfully slow and fires a round. We were shooting at a Silhouette Law Enforcement Target and he winged the perp in the shoulder right in the 7 ring...

B27.gif

He then turns to me and says, "Do you think you can do that..."

I say, "I don't know dad... I'll give it a try..."

I slowly got into position, looking over to him as if to say, "Am I doing this right."

Then I started rapidly firing the Colt. Every time it lined up on the target after a recoil I fired another round. I emptied the first clip, ejected it on the ground grabbed a second clip had in my pocket reloaded, emptied the second clip, reloaded with a third clip and emptied that too all in a few seconds...:eek:

We pulled the target back and as we were doing that he was telling me how I should have shot slower and aimed better...

We got the target back and there was not a single hole in it less than the 9 ring except the one I put in the forehead. That was the first shot that I took my time on...:D

He muttered something about me being a wise a....

We spent the rest of the day getting dad some lessons.
He got a little faster and more accurate...
Good thing we were in a small town and his shooting skills were never needed...

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm glad you two have smoked the peace pipe.

Say, what is in peace pipes?
I was always curious about that.

And why does it create peace.

I know what Tequila does, you two should "not" be sitting down and having Tequila. I'm voting against that right now.

I know what tequila does too...
Check out this video....

I figured out why everyone is so weirded out today...

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Yeah, as a kid we came up to visit my cousins on the farm
They brought us out to a sand pit/backstop to show us how to shoot.
My uncle loaded the gun & showed us how to shoot
He knocked off about 3/4 of the cans he shot at
My turn
I only missed one :D
He wanted to know where a city kid learned to shoot
In school!!

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Check this Tequila video from Seattle's The Ventures.

Wow that was a blast from the past...

Sure heard a lot of their stuff over the years...
Like every time Hawaii 5-O was on...
Wipeout
Pipeline
Surf Rider
Walk Don't Run
Surf On
Blue Dawn
Diamond Head

Thanks Terry!
I had forgotten that great guitar playing...
I guess I've got some downloading to do...:D

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
60 Minutes did a very interesting take on this gun increase.

30% rise in sales.

65 democrats for the NRA <<< !!!!

Basically this would all but drown out any idea of gun control coming back.

Perfect example they mentioned:

Virginia tech shootings? They tried to pass a law in Virginia that would close loopholes in gun sales.....and it FAILED.

That's pretty substantial given that 30 some people died in that college campus shooting.

The attitude was this: If just one, one college student had a gun, this guy could of been taken out, because as soon as he knew a gunfight was going to ensue with the police, he killed himself.

Same with the guy in New York. Both killed themselves when a gun was coming into play.

Excerpts of this article I hope to get on here; I don't think they'll put the whole thing up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks