(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Do we need Gun control YET?

Hybrid View

Default Do we need Gun control YET?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/...mton_shootings

When are their enough of shootings?
    Last edited by Cookie; 04-24-2009 at 03:13 AM.

Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area

Here's how this works in certain areas:

If everyone owns a gun, knows that it's a common thing in the town/neighborhood?

Gun violence/gun related incidents go sharply down.

Where the most restrictions are that prohibit gun use, that's where the gun violence goes up.

Virginia tech shootings: guy was patience to wait 7 days, 14 days, 30 days.

If someone wants to kill someone, it's going to happen. Pick your weapon of choice. Gun isn't always the logical answer for some but you can line up all the dead bodies from head to toe...won't ever stop violence.

I just mentioned that in areas where everyone owns a gun, and less restrictions, gun violence goes down. That means the everyday criminal understands there's a higher probability he'll be met with the same stopping force.

You cannot stop gun violence removing guns; the government has implemented steps, banned certain ones, given time delays and background checks.

Seems to me it's the individual and not the weapon that's killing people. Nothing wrong for feeling sorry for dead people. We all get there eventually.

These talking points are rehashed when there is death in this fashion, but when you count the dead that were accomplished by improperly marked intersections...the value of human death goes staggering low. That aluminum sign or flashing red light holds a higher value.

Extreme DIY Homeowner Scuba_Dave's Avatar

When guns are illegal only criminals will have guns
    DIY Handyman (not 4 hire)
    I have enough to do to my own house

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    You may not want to hear this, but I studied quite extensively about this in college, and to tell you that you are wrong, you wouldn't understand why it goes along with sociology. It is something you really have to study, sorry to sound arrogant.

No, it's not arrogant because there's two sides to every coin and perception is either skewed or followed.

I follow the perception of what I see and hear, witness in regards to the issues about guns.

Here's one just this morning:

http://kdka.com/local/officers.shot.Stanton.2.975820.html

That's 7 dead police officers in the past 4 weeks.

But for every 1 person that uses a gun in this fashion, there 12-10,000 that use theirs appropriately and in a mature, adult fashion.

And the guy has a right to be concerned about losing the right to bear arms. It's a "constitutional" thing.

Speaking of college,

When that Cho Seung-Hui started blowing away all those students,

Not one, not one highly educated individual had the ability to protect themselves, and a gun would of.

I don't need an education in sociology to understand that you don't bring a knife to a gun fight, let alone a book or try to stop what cannot be stopped.

If every gun was removed from the earth *which it won't be* this same type of element will find another way to do the damage they are wanting to cause.

I am now going to blow up my toilet with the Taco Bell 4th meal that arrived a few hours sooner than I expected.

Actually, then one link I posted was to where the 7 was killed this morning. It is the best if you can understand why people do the killing, that is sociology.