Can I drill my own well ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blk90s13

Reaction score
I was thinking to drill a well myself to water my lawn can it be down manualy ? or even using a machine like a two man auger with some kind of attatchment ?

water table should not be that low when we put the new septic tank and feild in the backyard the contractor hit it with a meduim size backhoe I am thinking 8 -10 ft deep at most

Cpeters

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's not easy but it can be done.

Get a 3 foot point that's good for your soil type. If you have
a basement and there's a hole for a sump pump, you'll be that
much closer. I was told by a well digger in my area that if
you run water down the pipe you're tapping and it doesn't come
back up, your at the sweet spot. I bought a $180 pump and HD
and have had water for 4 or 5 years now. I ran it for a year or
two to see if the water source was reliable before putting in my
sprinker system. I love it. I think it's cold enough to run air
conditioning.

Thurman

Reaction score
You may want to check local codes on that. Here, not every where, we are not allowed to have our own well. Not even for irrigation purposes. I live in the county on over 1 measured acre, this house had a well when initially built for potable water, etc. Later the local City ran water lines out this way and mandated everyone tie into the City water lines and cap their well. There was much arguing over this, we wanted to keep the submersible wells for irrigation but the City won in court. They won on the argument that someone would try to hook the well water back to the house and it would be unsafe. You can't fix stupidity. Thanks, David

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
"I am with the government, and I am here to help you." Use to be a good joke but, it is not funny anymore.

Several states are now making the property owner meter their water wells so they can CHARGE you for the states water that is under YOUR property.

Our government has no buisnees being in the water business. I know that at least in Texas, they are still using water systems like the Greeks and Romans used. Only about 2,000 years behind.

Do you really want the Government to have control of everything? Just look how good they are with everything else they control!!

Try to make me cap my perfectly good water well, and they are going to have a fight on their hands.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks