For some reason - and I have a feeling this was/is code - my kitchen has a bunch of recessed lights that take screw-in floodlights and then right in the middle, two recessed lights that take "pin" florescent "sticks".

We've now changed out every bulb in our house to a CFL, including the floods... and the florescent "sticks" flicker every time we turn them on. I've replaced those bulbs with new ones to see if the problem was the bulbs, but the new ones flickered just like the old ones.

I would love to be able to replace the cans for those recessed lights and replace them with ones that take the screw-in floods, and put CFLs in them.

Not sure the best way to go about this - how complicated a job this is - etc. etc.