Anyone heard about Aquadis TY350 toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathlok

Reaction score
I saw a dual flush Aquadis toilet with comfort seat for $329 CAN @ Home Depot.

Was wondering what people have heard about these? Are they any good?

aquadis_ty350.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
When buying a toilet by an unknown manufacturer, you are really rolling the dice. Eventually, every toilet will need new innards. Some manufacturers such as Kohler, make some of their toilets with parts that are only available from Kohler and at a price you can buy a whole new toilet. Often parts for unknown brands are special and when you need them, they are out of business. You also need to look at the trap size. Another point is to make sure the toilet sets level on the floor and that there are no visible flaws in the finish. Low flow toilets got off to a bad start years back because many manufactures just tried their old units with less water. Result was constant clogs and poor performance. Unfortunately, some manufacturers haven't done a very good job of improving their products. Toto is the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world. They are not found in discount stores, and they are not the cheapest toilet on the market. However, every model works extremely well, seldom if ever clogging. Some of their top designer models are extremely expensive, but other models are priced for us regular folks. The Toto Drake is their best seller. Consider that a toilet is used 24/7 by every person in the home and will last for many years, a few additional dollars now will be well worth it. You may have to search to find a Toto dealer, and maybe travel a ways to get to one.

Deathlok

Reaction score
Hey, I know all about Toto. I have one in the main bathroom upstairs. I think I have the drake with comfort seat & sanigloss. it also has a power flsuh system in the tank in addition to gravity. Flushing power is amazing! Its freakin awesome! :)

I was just wondering what the deal was with this Aquadis. I have never heard of them.

I do need to replace the toilet on the main floor.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Darn! I wasted a heck of a sermon on you! I guess I know your next toilet will be another Drake. To directly answer your question about the Aquadis, no I haven't. I would guess it's a Chinese import, but it's only a guess.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Darn! I wasted a heck of a sermon on you! I guess I know your next toilet will be another Drake. To directly answer your question about the Aquadis, no I haven't. I would guess it's a Chinese import, but it's only a guess.

You didn't waste your sermon, I copied it for future reference when talking to the cheap dummies we all encounter from time to time.
Some people don't realize saving money can sometimes be very expensive..!
I figure my Toto costs me about .20 cents a day after 20 years, and a lot less if I break it down on a "per use" basis....

rmr

home depot sales
Reaction score
Aquadis toilets were sold in Home Depot, in my store in Nanaimo BC, we sold about 300, something was then changed in the manufactoring and quality went down the toilet. I own one of the early ones and it works great, but I am now looking for a replacement seat and it will a problem, as the toilet I have (TY350) uses a non standard seat. I hope this answers any questions.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff F

Reaction score
Did you have any success finding a replacement seat? I am now on that hunt myself. The Home Depot Sales guy laughed when I told him the problem.

old ex plumber

Reaction score
had the same problem getting a new seat for my Aquadis Tytane elongated toilet. Nobody at Home Depot had even heard of it. Bought it at Home Depot[different store,3 years ago].Aquadis is a Canadian company,headquarters in Quebec. I finally spoke to a sales rep there and ordered a seat.It should arrive in a couple of days.Never had any problems until now and that is just with the seat.It is an oddball, having a measurement of 17 3-4 inches [centre of bolts to outside lip of seat] as opposed to most seats 18 1-2 .inches. Hope this info helps. Old ex plumber.

sandy6cats

Reaction score
did you actually get the toilet seat? I need one for the TY350 and can't find a supplier in BC. Can you give me the contact info for the Quebec company that handles this product? Thanks

PM CAS

Reaction score
had the same problem getting a new seat for my Aquadis Tytane elongated toilet. Nobody at Home Depot had even heard of it. Bought it at Home Depot[different store,3 years ago].Aquadis is a Canadian company,headquarters in Quebec. I finally spoke to a sales rep there and ordered a seat.It should arrive in a couple of days.Never had any problems until now and that is just with the seat.It is an oddball, having a measurement of 17 3-4 inches [centre of bolts to outside lip of seat] as opposed to most seats 18 1-2 .inches. Hope this info helps. Old ex plumber.
are you still looking for a seat? I have two for the Aquadis toilets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks