printer recommendation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Who better to ask about a new printer than a bunch of plumbers?

I am up to here with Kodak. My 5300 is 14 months old. They replaced the print head twice, and in Feb. gave me a brand new printer. It has croaked again. I sent Kodak an email telling them it would be in the front yard with a lemon tree planted in it.

Anyway, now I am shopping!

I bought that Kodak specifically because I wanted the feature of printing archival quality color photos. Regular inkjets, photos can fade in a matter of months or a few years. But I think other brands now have photoprinting with longevity.

I probalby will consider HP and/or Epson. Anyone have a fairly new printer they like??

I shop almost exclusively on line, but for "major" hard goods, I usually opt for a local store. But I am seeing some great buys on Amazon, and dealnews.com

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
I`m in the market for a new printer/scanner,and leaning to kodak.
now I will have shop some more.
Hp is the one I had but the ink cost almost as a new printer.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The issue of the expense of ink cartridges was one of the things that led me to the Kodak. The print head is a separate module, unlike a lot of the other printers where the expensive print head is replaced with each new cartridge. It turns out there is a reason for that....the head is a precision device which suffers wear each time it spits out a little drop of ink, and just needs to be replaced. Kodak though they could get by, but as I mentioned I had early and repeated failures of the print head, under very light to moderate usage.

In my rant to Kodak, I told them to go back to making Kodachrome, because nothing else is working for them. ( They recently ticked me off regarding my Kodak camera, and their online Kodak gallery. I have a whole list of rants...don't get me started!)

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I been using a Xerox Phaser 8560, its pretty sweet. I got mine through their free color printer program. I have to print at least 1200 pages a month and fax over a usage report once a month, as long as I meet the quota I do not have to pay a monthly under usage fee. To meet the quota I print all my spec sheets for job quotes, invoices, and fliers. It also doesn't use them big toner cartridges, it uses the wax blocks which means a whole lot less waste. Oh after 3 years of meeting their quota you will be done with the program and you will own the printer free and clear. http://www.freecolorprinters.com/xerox-phaser-color-printer.cfm

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Canon MP470

Not braggin, just what I got. Ink is highway robbery though. :mad:
Have not had trouble with it but then again don't do a lot of the bells and whistles. (Does it even have any¿) Just prints and thats fine with me. Has a scanner too. Supposedly a fax machine although without a LAN line never gave a rats you know what.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks